Download Adobe Reader Resize font:
Arthritis Australia/Zimmer Biomet Orthopaedic Fellowship Program
In keeping with its mission of promoting medical education, Arthritis Australia has initiated the Arthritis Australia/Zimmer Biomet Orthopaedic Fellowship Program. The Program, supported by Zimmer Biomet Pty Ltd, will promote best practice treatment for arthritis sufferers.
Note: The fellowship criteria have recently changed. This program is only open to ANZ fellows in overseas positions. It is not open to overseas institutions unless supporting an Australian/NZ fellow.
Fellowships are available in the following areas and are ranked in order of preference:
1. Major Joint Arthroplasty Hip and /or Knee
2. Joint Arthroplasty Extremities (incl. Shoulder, Elbow, Hand & Wrist, Foot & Ankle)
3. Degenerative and deforming conditions of the spine
Next funding round - April 2017
Please note there have been changes made to the funding rounds. From 2017 there will only be ONE funding round per annum.
The next round of funding will be in April 2017
30 April 2017
Note: Due to the popularity of this program, only one fellowship application can be submitted per institution per funding year.
Eligibility and criteria for applications are reviewed and updated regularly. Applications should be submitted well in advance of commencement of fellowship. This round of funding is for fellowships commencing July 2017 or later.
Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
For the complete list of updated eligibility and criteria click here
The review process may take up to four weeks following the applications closing date. Supervisors and fellows will receive notification of the outcome of their application by email, followed by a letter to the Supervisor.
In order to expedite the process, the following must be included with your application:
1. Two written references from independent referees for fellow
2. The fellow training program
3. Written confirmation by the supervisor that the fellowship program contains at least 50% arthroplasty in the specified activity
4. A completed institution application form
5. A completed fellow application form
6. CV's for each supervisor as per the application form
7. Fellow's CV
· For the complete list of eligibility and criteria click here
· To download institution application form click here
· To download fellow application form click here
For a list of fellowship recipients in 2016 click here