About Arthritis Australia
About Arthritis Australia
Arthritis Australia is Australia’s leading national arthritis charity. We work in collaboration with Affiliated arthritis organisations in the Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania and Western Australia to deliver information and support to people living with more than 100 types of arthritis.
- We provide information resources to help people live well with arthritis.
- We are the leading non-government funders of arthritis research in Australia.
- We advocate to the government and industry for policies, programs, and funding initiatives.
- We develop partnerships with national organisations with aligned values to fund and support our activities.
- We work collaboratively with Affiliated arthritis organisations and peak health organisations to improve the health and wellbeing of people living with arthritis.
Freedom from arthritis.
Arthritis Australia 2020-2023 Strategic Plan
Arthritis Australia Affiliate Organisations
National Arthritis Infoline: 1800 011 041
Arthritis ACT: (02) 6251 2055
Arthritis NSW: (02) 9857 3300
Arthritis NT: (08) 8948 5232
Arthritis QLD: (07) 3857 4200
Arthritis TAS: (03) 6228 4824
The Hospital Research Foundation Group – Arthritis: (08) 8379 5711
Arthritis WA: (08) 9388 2199
For our contact list click here.
Registered Charity – Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC)
More information about our registration with the ACNC can be found here.
About this website
Arthritis Australia endeavours to ensure the accuracy and relevance of information on its website.
Consumer information materials are reviewed and updated as required a two or three year cycle, depending on the information in the material. Arthritis Australia is a Healthdirect Information Partner and adheres to all principles of the partnership to ensure information is evidence-based and up-to-date. Development and review of all Arthritis Australia resources is guided by the Arthritis Australia Consumer Information and Resources Management Policy. The policy details the following process:
- Information gaps identified by consumers or healthcare professionals.
- Consumer consultation on the updates or new resource.
- Literature review conducted to determine information to be included in the resource.
- Resource written or updated and reviewed by a medical expert.
- Consultation with consumers for understanding of content as well as layout.
- Review and approval.
- Resources uploaded to the Arthritis Australia website and shared with other organisations who may use the resource.
Page reviewed and updated December 2023.
Advocacy & policy
Arthritis Australia advocates to government, business, industry and community leaders to improve care, management, support and quality of life for people with arthritis..
10 steps for living well with arthritis
Here is our 10 steps checklist to help you live with arthritis.
Children and arthritis
Arthritis can happen at any age. Here, you can find management and treatment information specifically created for the more than 6,000 Australian children living with...
Sign up to Arthritis Insights
Regular updates, news and research findings delivered to your inbox: